Few kinds of pain can affect your life quite as much as back pain. In fact, research shows that it is one of the most common causes of disability in the United States, causing thousands of people to miss work each year. One common back pain trigger that can leave you feeling completely debilitated is a back spasm. Today, we’re going over the basics of back spasms and covering a few treatment options to help you get relief.
What Is a Muscle Spasm?
Muscle spasms (also known as charley horses) are spontaneous, abnormal muscle contractions that occur throughout the body, causing discomfort that can range from slight stiffness to severe pain and the inability to move. Pain can be especially severe in the back, as there are a number of surrounding nerve roots that may be triggered. Typically, spasms in the back are caused by muscle weakness, injury (including muscle strains), or a muscle imbalance. Depending on the extent of the injury and where it occurs, a spasm may take between a week and a few months to fully heal.Here are some ways to help relieve the pain so you can get back on your feet again.
1. Laser Therapy – For fast, temporary relief, try laser light therapy belts for back muscle spasms. Using clinically proven low-level laser technology, these revolutionary wearable devices can provide temporary relief of minor muscle and joint aches, pain and stiffness, and muscle spasms. The best part is that you can wear one while you’re relaxing, watching TV, or just hanging out at home, all without any known adverse side effects or a prescription from your doctor.
2. A Hot Bath – The key to any muscle spasm treatment is to find ways to relax the spasmodic muscles so they go back to normal. One great way to do this is by taking a warm bath with Epsom salts. If you don’t have a bathtub, you may also consider warming the muscles with a heating pad to enjoy similar effects.
3. Take a Muscle Relaxer – While routinely taking muscle relaxers can bring some risks and side effects—including everything from drowsiness to serious damage to the liver—occasional low-dose usage may help you treat muscle spasms. These prescription medications can reduce pain, increase mobility, and reduce skeletal muscle spasms so you can get back to your normal routine. Just make sure to be aware of all the side effects and closely follow the instruction of your physician before taking a muscle relaxer for this purpose.
4. Stretch and Massage – One of the simplest ways to immediately address muscle spasms is to gently stretch and massage the muscle to help stop it from contracting. Stretching and massaging using a tennis ball or foam roller is an excellent way to get some effective relief at home. If it’s persistent or tends to recur with certain activities, you may want to seek professional massage therapy. This will help increase blood flow to the area and will force the muscles into a state of relaxation, which can stop the muscle from contracting.
2. Rest and Ice – Using the RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) method of treatment may help you experience relief from muscle spasms relatively quickly. The rest and ice components are especially important to your treatment plan. Rest can certainly help by slowing the extent of the injury and giving the body some time to heal. However, prolonged bed rest (lying down for long periods of time) can worsen your condition, so be careful about spending too much time in bed. Using an ice pack or cold compress will help soothe spasms by reducing swelling. Applying ice for 15 or 20 minutes a few times a day can help.
No matter how persistent your spasms may be, remember to be patient. There is no cure for muscle spasms, but you can certainly make them a whole lot more bearable with these excellent treatment options.
Alleviate Backpain on-the-go with Curavi Laser Belts
Curavi values your peace of mind and we want you to feel secure about your purchase. We know that our Curavi™ belts work. We are so confident in the effectiveness of our devices that all purchases of Curavi™ laser therapy belts made on www.curavi.com have a No-Risk 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Since the temporary relief from pain can be felt within minutes of treatment, you will know if Curavi is right for you within a short amount of time.
We guarantee your satisfaction or we will gladly accept returns of Curavi laser devices purchased by customers on www.curavi.com within the first month for 100% refund of your purchase price. Please note that only purchases made directly from www.curavi.com are eligible for our satisfaction guarantee. This offer is not applicable to purchases made through physicians or other retailers. Please check with your physician or retailer for their return policy.
If after using the device, you decide that you are not satisfied with your results, contact us to initiate a return within 30 days of purchase. The return may only be made by the customer on record verified with proof of purchase. You will be responsible for return shipping costs. No returns can be initiated after 30 days from purchase. Policy updated on February 6, 2020. For purchases prior to February 6, 2020, please refer to your purchase documentation.
Shipping and Delivery Policy
Unless otherwise noted in the ordering pipeline, Curallux, LLC ships all items within two business days of receiving an order. You will receive notification of any delay or cancellation of your order. In the shopping cart, you will receive an Estimated Delivery Date. Please note that this is not a guaranteed delivery date for your order. Shipping rates and delivery depend on the selected shipping speed and weight/size of the items and are subject to carrier delays.
All www.curavi.com sales are final. No refunds or exchanges with the exception of sales qualifying for the Satisfaction Guarantee. If you wish to make a qualified return, contact Curavi Customer Service team at 1 (844) 748-3338 to obtain a Return Material Authorization. The Curallux shipping department will not accept any shipments without a Return Material Authorization (RMA). We recommend you insure your shipment and register to receive tracking updates. Curallux, LLC will only accept fully functional like-new laser devices for returns. Curallux will provide credit to the credit card used for purchase. Once a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) has been issued, the device must be postmarked for return within 14 days. Failure to comply may result in Curallux refusing the delivery.
Please refer to limited warranty details below for your Curavi laser therapy belt model.
Laser Device Warranty Period
Battery Pack & AC Adapter Warranty Period
Curallux, LLC warrants the device against defects in materials or workmanship for a 3 year period indicated above starting from the date of purchase from a Curavi authorized seller. To activate your warranty, register your device within 30 days of purchase at www.curavi.com/warranty. If a defect in material or workmanship exists, Curallux will repair or replace the necessary parts with new or reworked parts at no charge. Any replaced parts will be covered under the original limited warranty. This Warranty is not transferable & does not cover damages caused by acts of God, misuse, negligence, accident, or modification of any part of the unit as determined by our service department. This Warranty does not cover damage due to improper operation or maintenance, connection to improper voltage supply, or attempted repair by anyone other than the company. Failure to use and maintain the device in accordance with the instructions in this manual will void the product warranty.
Batteries will need to be replaced over time through Curallux. Please contact Curavi Customer Care should you need to get warranty service or order replacement parts such as Battery Packs or AC adapters.
Do not disassemble any part of the Curavi Laser Therapy Belt device and don't attempt to repair the device by yourself. Disassembling the device may damage it or may cause injury to you. If the Curavi device is damaged, malfunctions, or comes in contact with liquid, contact Curavi Customer Care. The lithium-ion battery should be replaced only by Curallux.
We offer the best price guaranteed.
Find another reseller with a better price on Curavi™ belts? Not to worry, we’ll match the price for any identical Curavi models before or after purchase*
Eligibility Terms & Conditions*
Only new products from valid authorized local or online retailers will be considered
Customers must provide proof of competing price (i.e. active link or scan of advertised offer)
Products must be identical in brand, size, model number, model year and color to current Curavi models on our site
Price match cannot be made for reselling or commercial purposes
Shipping will not be included
Competitive price must be live
Only the person who made the original purchase qualifies for Price Match Guarantee
Price match request must be made within 30 days of purchase
Price Match Guarantee does not apply to:
Purchases from auction sites
Discontinued, second-hand, or refurbished products
Out of stock items
Submitting Your Claim
Please contact our customer care team via chat on Curavi.com or by phone +1 (844) 748-3338 for any price match submissions or questions.